Do you know about 50% of small business owners spend less than $300 per month on online marketing, and about 75% believe that digital marketing is effective at attracting new customers? Yes, with this result, it is time small businesses capitalized on the digital revolution.
With the tight budget, small businesses often struggle to stand out from their competitors. However, with innovative digital marketing ideas and creative thinking, you can showcase your brand. Do you want to improve your business? Well, the following cost-effective digital marketing ideas for small business will help you boost your sales and attract your target audience.
“Content is King”
Do you want to attract more people to your website? Then start by creating quality, unique content. Google and other search engines aim to enhance the user experience. They try to give relevant information that is related to the query. So quality content includes everything from engaging website copy and useful blog posts to attractive infographics and insightful videos.
Remember your customers want valuable information, not the ads.
- You may think that your advertising is engaging with your audience but, the fact is about 71% of readers say they were turned off by content that seems like a sales pitch.
- Adobe’s Consumer Email found that about 40% of respondents want brands to be more informative and less promotional.
- According to Havas Groups, Meaningful Brands study reveals that about 84% of people expect brands to create content.
- According to Hubspot, businesses that blog have 434% more indexed pages than businesses without blogs. When you publish more content, Google will increase your page rank and making it easier for customers to find you.
This stat shows the power content in digital marketing. So start writing and produce more unique contents.
Some small businesses are still in an illusion that Search Engine Optimization costs a lot. Maybe it is true for paid search. But, there are lots of steps you should take to help your website rank higher. According to Omnicore, Organic SEO is about 5.66 times better than paid search ads.
“Understand your audience.”
It may sound simple. But, this is the major part that many small businesses overlook. Do you know Google’s mission statement? – “To Make and Organize the world’s information and make it universally acceptable and useful.”
Google does not care about the number of keywords in your webpage; they care about their users being satisfied with the information you provide. Hence, understand your audience.
- Set up a Google Webmaster Account, verify your domain name and follow the outlined steps. Google will also give you some tips on the SEO elements that you need to address.
- Create fresh contents with meta contents. Remember, Google search spiders can only read the words. So, it is essential to meta descriptions to your images too.
- Each of your web pages should have a specific theme or topic with relevant long tail keywords.
- The search engine also prefers in-depth content and has indicated that longer posts of 1,500 to 2,000 word length will be rewarded. But, still quality is the key.
- Take advantage of keywords. But, make sure you don’t stuff the keywords in your content and web pages. Keyword research is an essential part of every small business digital marketing strategy. Keywords are the great way to find out exactly what terms people are using to search for your product or service.
- Link building is an excellent technique to show search engines that your website is popular. If you build links the right way, you can prove to Google that your business website is relevant so that it knows you are worthy of showing up in a local search.
- Optimize your website for search engines. Your consumers want instant results. If your website is unattractive, slow to load, messed up, improper layout, your consumers will abandon your website, and they will never turn up. Moreover, mobile optimization is also essential. As most of the searches are done from mobile, optimize your website for mobile users as well.
“Engage with your audience”
If you want to increase your brand’s visibility, you must focus on social media marketing as well. Social media is an excellent way to connect with your targeted audience and customers. When you use it in the right way, it can be an effective customer service tool which allows you to instantly respond to your customer queries and address their needs.
A recent report reveals that about 96% of Small businesses say that they use social media in their marketing strategy. In those, about 90% of marketers say their social media efforts have increased exposure for their business, and about 75% say they have increased traffic.
Social media tips:
- As a small business owner, it is wise to focus on a few selected social media channels. But, make sure the channel you choose are the ones your customers are using.
- The social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter gives a quick and easy to understand synopsis of how your pages and posts are performing. A recent survey shows that about 74% of people say that they use Facebook for professional purpose, and content consumption of Facebook has increased 57% in the past two years. This stat shows the purpose of using social media for marketing your business online.
- Identify the key influencers in your business and engage with them. It will help you reach more customers. Post engaging, attractive and valuable contents with relevant information your consumers are looking for.
Monitor your online reputation:
Reputation management is not just for the big brands. Small businesses should also need to know what their customers are saying about them too. Remember, if you are aware of the chatter, you can communicate, fix all the problems that arise and maintain your business’s reputation.
There you are. Hope these digital marketing strategies for real estate as well as other small businesses will help you enhance your internet marketing strategies.