The outbreak of pandemic COVID-19 has created a global upheaval, which not only impinged on the daily lives of the people, but has also severely affected every industry. With the newly imposed government regulations to restrict the movement, most businesses are rethinking their approach to provide services virtually. This has prompted many business owners to focus on Search Engine Optimization.
According to a recent survey by Numerator, “1 in 3 consumers stated that the news of Coronavirus has already impacted their shopping behavior.” While Coresight Research has stated that 47.2%of US internet usersmentioned that they are avoiding shopping centers and malls during this pandemic period.
Due to these changes in user behavior, there is a great opportunity for SEO to drive an impact for the brand by creating effectual content to drive conversions and build their brand for a long term. According to Google Trends, the term ‘SEO’ has seen an upsurge in the searches in United Statesafter February 2020.
Why consider SEOfor your business during COVID-19?
Due to social distancing, most people are searching online more than they did earlier. Irrespective of the economic condition prevailing now, you want to establish your brand in the minds of the searchers when they are looking to make a buying decision. This is the reason why companies are keenly considering local SEO NYC now. Also, SEO is a smart and cost-effective investment now when compared with other mediums.
Tips to Build a Strong SEO Program this COVID-19
- Create Informative Content That Builds Trust–
Consumers look for transparency and trust in today’s environment. They look forward not just to trust the business, but also the people involved in the business. In this critical situation, it is important to earn the customer rather than acquiring. And the only way to achieve that is by establishing trust, which can be done through content which offers apt answers to their queries and improves their knowledge.
Having quality content on your website is the best way to drive visitors to improve the search engine rankings, site’s authority and relevance. There is no replacement for great content. So, tweak your web writing skills. Along with this, you will have to analyze and focus on relevant keyword phrases for each page on your site. Assume about what your customer might search for in a particularpage. Bold the keywords and use them on H1 tags and in different areas of the content in the most natural way. Don’t stuff the keywords. Never give upgood writing for the sake of SEO.The best pages are written focused on the user, and not for the search engines.If you require help with writing informative and quality content, get the help of SEO consultant Queens NY. Always remember, content is the most influential factor for the search engine rankings.
- Manage Your Web Presence
The key to reach out to the customers this COVID-19 is to build ‘trust.’ The more trust you build with your content, the more likely will your users click on the content in the SERPs. That is why it is essential to manage your brand’s online presence during this crucial time. Here are a few tips from the experts at internet marketing agency New York to manage your brand’s online reputation during this COVID-19 phase –
- Work on Schema– updating your schema ensures that Google shows precise information about your brand in this rapidly-changing environment. You can also include event status schemato notify the customers with real-time informationabout changes to events and to make any special announcements.
- Keep your Google My Business page Updated – To keep your customers about the changes that you have made to your business operations, like hours and days of operation, services/products available or unavailable or changes to any basic information.
- Google Search Console – Web traffic coming from organic search, is an important sign of how and where the demand for your products has moved. The increase or decrease in traffic can show you what kind of information is important for your customers.
- Social Media–Keep looking for COVID-19 related topics that are appropriate for your business. You can make use of user intentand social data to understand audience demographics.
- Inspect Your Upcoming Content & Campaigns
Now, if you have already worked on your content, it is time to audit your upcoming campaigns as the second step. You must show empathy and compassionfor your audience during this period of crisis. It is important for the people working on local SEO NYC also to stay updated on consumer sensitivities. During this COVID-19 period, SEO is more important than technical SEO.
Link Worthy Website
Aim to create appropriatelinksinside the content. Make sure that the content is rich with appropriate keywords, as it will upsurge your search engine ranks, and improve the ranking of the page it is linking to. Make sure to use descriptive links by combining the keywords, as it adds value to the readers.
Have a Dedicated Coronavirus Page
If your business is heavily impacted by COVID-19, you must consider creating a page dedicated to COVID-19, which includes all relevant information related to Coronavirus statistics/facts, and link to the key areas of your website.
Develop More Video Content
Since people spend more time at home due to social distancing, they spend more time at home watching YouTube and other streaming services. So, consider developing more appropriate video contentto get in front of the users. You can take help from SEO insightsfor the video topics and stay mindful of the best topics that you can create videos.
Update your FAQ ContentAppropriately. Analyzeyour customer serviceand FAQ pages, to ascertain that it adds some value. You can also add upnew FAQs related to Coronavirus.
Use Social Distancing when Messaging
When writing any content or creating any message during this period, be thoughtful to include facts of social distancing. Consider sometopicsaround yourservice or product so that users benefit during the time of isolation. Be careful with the information you convey, regarding the COVID-19 guidelines.
It’s a misfortune for the entire world, as so many lives are affected by this pandemic. Many human lives, jobs, businesses and even numerous relationships have wreckedbecause of coronavirus. However, humanitymustsurvive on.Remaining indoors will keep you safe and hopefully, this pandemic will come to an end soon. Let us get ready to rebuild our lives and economy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between local SEO and general SEO?
The general SEO is the process of increasing both quantity and quality of organic traffic to your website.Quality traffic refers to visitors searching for exactly what you offer them, and organic results refers to unpaid content that shows up in search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO is largely the art of increasing organic traffic by making people and search engine robots happy.
Local search engine optimization is a subsection of this that focuses on the geographical components of search. Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your website for local search results that it may not only increase visibility and traffic to your site, but foot traffic to your brick and mortar business.While organic search and its results are based on the relevance to each user’s search query, links and the other search ranking factors, local search takes into account something different: providing geographically relevant information from the local intent behind its users search queries. Typical search queries with local intent include the following modifiers:
[term] + city
[term] + near me
[term] + closest to meFor local SEO in NYC, you should hire the right SEO experts.
How To Improve Your Local Ranking On Google?
There are three key components that will make your local search-listing stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- Keep your Listing up to Date
Keep you coupons and ‘special offers’ seasonally fresh to convert searchers in to customers at a higher rate. Also remember to update your opening times and manage and respond to any comments or questions. We would also encourage you to visit the page monthly so Google knows you care.
- A Complete Listing
Every field in your local listing should be fully completed. This includes videos, photos (named with your keywords), opening times and business description. By completing all sections of your listing not only provides more information for the search engines to deliver better results but gives the searcher more information about your business. Once again, most businesses get this wrong because they do not understand the process of creating a targeted listing that matches the customers’ needs.
- Accuracy of Data
Your business information across all your 3rd party review sites, directories and local search listings has to be accurate and consistent. Particular attention to detail should be applied to your business name, address, post/zip code (NAP’s) and website information.To improve your local ranking on Google, choose the local SEO in NYC package to run the campaign now!
How Often Should I Update My Website?
Nowadays, consumers spend a significant amount of time conducting online research about businesses, products and services before deciding whether or not to make a purchase. This online research may include checking out your various social media channels, exploring online directories for customer reviews, and visiting your company’s website. Keeping your website up-to-date doesn’t mean that your company needs to spend thousands of dollars designing a brand new website each month. There are many other ways to keep a website up-to-date. Updating your CMS system, posting monthly blog articles and updating your product/services pages are often enough to keep your website up-to-date and relevant to potential customers.Regular website updates are one of the many things that Google considers for its search engine rankings; therefore, a frequently updated website will have more success with organic search engine rankings than a website that has been left unattended to over the years to collect dust. If you are still unsure of whether or not your company needs a new website, here are some key indicators that it does:
- Your website was built in generation Web 1.0
- Your current website is not mobile-friendly (mobile-responsive)
- You want to begin selling your services/products in an online store
- Your analytics show that website visits have significantly decreased
- Your company is going through a major rebranding
- Your business has grown substantially in a relatively small time period
Is Content Marketing Essential For My Business?
Content marketing is a long-term strategy that uses content to build a stronger relationship with your audience, capture their attention, improve engagement, and improve brand recall.While paid advertising is designed to get something from the audience, ultimately converting the prospect into a customer, content marketing is all about providing value and giving something to the audience in order to build trust. So it is essential to start creating expert content for your company today. Some more reasons to consider content marketing are,
- Build Backlinks
- Build Brand Authority (industry expert)
- Gives People a Reason to Come Back to Your Website
- Your Visitors will Share Your Content on Social Networks
- Convert More Website Visitors into Leads with Lead Nurturing (Buyer’s Journey)
- Attract Ideal Buyers
- Generates Leads for Your Business
- Great for Organic Search (SEO)
- Build Brand Awareness
- Build Trust with Your Visitors
What Type Of Business Benefits Most From Local SEO Strategies?
National or even global, SEO was once the revolutionary way to gain visibility on the internet. Now, it has become incredibly expensive and brutally competitive. Essentially, every company with a local target market can gain from local SEO; however, there are some business types for which local search can truly work wonders. Some of the business fields are,
- Real estate: The smaller local real estate agents need a hyper-local strategy to gain the proper search exposure.
- Pet services: Pet services are highly specialized and almost exclusively in demand at a local level. They should succeed in the local search rankings for their success.
- Plumbers: Local SEO is a prime resource for plumbers or anyone who helps customers with quick problem-solving.
- Bars and restaurants: The good content can make or break the local search rankings for a bar or restaurant.
- Law offices: When people are in need of legal counsel, they are looking for an expert nearby. Therefore, appearing in the local searches is crucial for law firms.
- Medical services: Businesses that provide medical services, such as doctor’s offices, dental practices and urgent care must need local SEO in NYC boost their rankings.